Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nurturing the Spirituality of Your Children

As Parents for most of us religion or spirituality is a huge part of our lives and are experience with our children. As a person who believes deeply we are spiritual beings I knew from the get go of being a parent that instilling that in my children would be a huge focus of how are family unit experienced the world. Just like I am a eclectic homeschooling mother I am also very eclectic spiritually. I knew it would not be as easy for me as it would for a mother of a family that believes in one set religious dogma. I am not a Christian yet I have many very Christian beliefs. I also have many beliefs that fall under other dogmas. My own spiritual journey has been long and I hope it will always continue to unfold for me as I grow and experience. I wanted that amazing wonder for my children as well. As a homeschooling family it allows us more freedom and time to focus on those believes. I also knew I didn't want to be the parent that said this is the only path or even the only correct path. That all other paths where incorrect. I knew I wanted to instill an awareness but not a control of what my children should believe. I truly believe as parents we do not own our children. We are their guides not their controllers. We have to allow them the experience of finding their path while at the same time exposing them to what we personally believe and why we believe this. Allowing them to develop a free thinking mind and to experience the divine in their own way. The first step I took to feel I could help my children in this way was to actually help my self on my own spiritual journey. So, I went back to school for Metaphysical Science. I am actually still in school now 4 yrs later . I have learned much and I am still learning. The 2nd step was for me to read everything I could get my hands on that taught about spirituality of children. I am going to list a few of my favorite books on this subject at the end of the post for others. The final step was to have  spiritual practice in our home. To allow my children to be exposed to the spiritual practice I use everyday. Practices like meditation, chakra balancing, affirmations, prayer, intentions, ect. My hope was that by them seeing how I connect to the Divine they would realize that they are and always will be connected to the Divine as well. I also feel that reading books and watching spiritual movies is a good way to help your children understand and learn to feel the divine connection and love in their lives everyday.  





Living The Wisdom of The Tao - Dr. Wayne Dyer verse 29....Do you think you can take over the universe and improve it? I do not believe it can be done. Everything under heaven is a sacred vessel and cannot be controlled. Trying to control leads to ruin.

Allow your children's life to unfold naturally. Know that they too are a vessel of perfection. A divine being with all the knowledge of the universe within. God blessed us with a job not ownership to control. Have faith that their lives will play out exactly as it is suppose to. 


Books I recommend there are many many more and you should choice ones that feel right to you.

Nurturing Spirituality in Children by Peggy Jenkins
The Joyful Child by Peggy Jenkins
The Wise Child by Sonia Choquette
Curriculum of Love by Morgan Simone Daleo
Children's Spirituality by Rebecca Nye
The Seven Spiritual Laws for Parents by Deepak Chopra
Empowering Your Indigo Child by Wayne D. Dosick
What do You Really Want For Your Children by Dr. Wayne Dyer
Mountain, Meadow, and Moonbeams by Mary Summer Rain
Sara Learns the Secret About the Law of Attraction by Esther Hicks
How To Talk To Your Kids About the Law of Attraction by Robin Hoch
If the Buddha Had Kids Raising Children to Create a More Peaceful World by Charlotte Kasl
My Helpful Healing Touch: A Guide For Empowering Children by Karen Daughtry
All Year Round by Ann Drutt, Christine Fynes-Clinton, Marije Rowling
Festivals Family and Food by Diana Carey and Judy Large



No comments:

Post a Comment