Thursday, July 25, 2013

4 Days and counting

We are down to the last 4 days of our summer break. I have finished my lesson planning and all materials for this yr have arrived. It is a good thing because the kids are getting restless and bored with all the rain we have had in Ga. this summer. I am pretty sure it has rained at some point almost every day in the last 6 weeks. Some of the exciting topics we will cover this year are Colonial America. This one I am super excited about. We will learn some basic sewing, canning, farming, healing herbs. Another one that the kids are excited about is Zoology. We will be using a mixture of living books and Elemental Science book 1 Zoology. If you have never heard of this curriculum you might want to check it out. We will also be covering plants and anatomy. The kids will be building their own terrarium and I found some awesome anatomy models that blow up through Oriental Trading . One of them is the digestive system and the other is a label skeleton with all the major bones labelled. I think we are all counting down the days until we start our next school year.





My pre-school has a huge selection of fun learning manipulatives that I have collected over the summer. As you can see from the picture I have plenty of things to keep him busy and learning. Biggest goal for him this year will be learning to write his letters and numbers and really reading. We have been working on the reading already. He is doing very well with reading from memory now to move on to sight words.

No comments:

Post a Comment